|From left to right: Jerry Kwofie, ICT teacher at AGSHS; Headmistress Theodora Appiah; Katie Henderson; Jeff Henderson|
|Katie working with senior high school girls at Axim Girls Senior High School|
Adam Holt of Unleash Kids coached her mightily across the Atlantic via text, email, voice, WhatsApp, and who knows what else? You remember Adam…we wrote about this wonderful guy installing and training Internet-in-a-Box at Axim Girls Senior High School back in March 2015 (http://ghanatogether.blogspot.com/2015/03/internet-in-box.html).
Not wanting to waste any of Katie and Jeff's skills, Ghana Together found funds to buy another server and other apparatus to set up a second IIAB at the Axim Public Library (thank you, thank you…generous friends).
|Katie working at the Children's Computing Lab/Axim Public Library on the One Laptop per Child XO laptops, teaching them how to use them to access the IIAB and to work with the many learning activities built into these computers|
|First let's get the basics under our belts!!|
|The on-the-ground team: Katie, Jerry Kwofie, Evans Arloo, James Amrado, and Gaddiel Eyison|
- Internet-in-a-Box system is installed and fully operational at the Axim Library site
- 30+ XO-1 laptops have been updated with the latest firmware and software
- 12 desktop PCs now have new wireless capability at AGSHS, allowing them to connect to the IIAB system in the computer lab
- 24 fourth and fifth grade students have had a week of training on the use of the IIAB, particularly Wikipedia
- 22 high school students at AGSHS have had a week of training on the various tools within IIAB, including Wikipedia, RACHEL, Power Typing, Open Street Maps, and others.
Prior News Updates: http://ghanatogether.blogspot.com